Friday, November 5, 2010

My stuff part deuce.

I thought I'd post a homework I did recently.

In my life drawing class we are working on muscles. The assignment was to do drawings of muscular figures. It was a sketchbook assignment so They aren't very big. Unfortunately I don't know any bodybuilders so I had to work from photos (which was allowed.)

The first drawing is a male torso with high contrast. I like working in high contrast because in my opinion soft light is boring. (also harder to draw) I like the idea of the figures popping out at you and this is achieved most easily using deep shadows.
The second is a dancer on point while cradling her legs. Her arms gave me fits and apparently I cut her head off in the scan.
It turned out alright, she was really gaunt but I don't think I got the strength of the spine well enough. Also no detail on the feet. And the hand around the thigh was difficult.

The next one is also a dancer although this time she was emerging from the shadows. Unfortunately I added the face later and I do hate it. Otherwise I think its decent.
Finally we have a female back.

So she looks a little like she was in a concentration camp. The girl in the pic was very thin but I think I overdid it a little. I'm happy with the modeling though. Its probably just her spine goes to deep more than anything. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment