Sunday, October 24, 2010

Micro Sculptures.

I was watching some Tv show a while back and I remembered seeing this guy who would put sculptures in the eye of needles. I remember being amazed with it at first but the more I thought of it the more pointless it seemed. I wonder is the idea of the art more important than the product. The sculptures are cool but if they were full sized they wouldn't be very impressive. It got me wondering if you created a work of art that was decent by the standards used when using your hands, but used your feet to create it, does that make it better?

Anyways I do recognize his talent and I do think he is amazing. It just gets me thinking about the idea behind "art".

Here's a video to show you his incredible skill. I have to admit that not being able to move for eight hours for fear of losing the whole sculpture is really impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment