Monday, September 27, 2010

A bit of my own stuff.

Thought as long as I'm commenting on how I feel about art I'd post a couple drawings I did in class.

The Idea was to draw two busts one male and one female. I used charcoal and chalk to model them. Everyone else in the class was going for a very "light" effect so I wanted to make mine as heavy handed as possible. I actually like how the white highlights make the busts look metallic because they were just made of plaster. I do wish I didn't use newsprint because I like them enough I wish I could keep them somewhat nice and my newsprint is already yellowing and fraying. One of the things I enjoy is showing the movement of my arm in my work. I like it to look dynamic. Whenever I try to finish a piece I find it looks dull and lifeless. I think that is why I was so happy with these. Plus they were markedly different from what my classmates were doing which I like. Although some of there work was beautiful I'm glad I took a different approach.



No comments:

Post a Comment