Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tatoos the opposite of rebellion.

I think its funny to think that 10 years from now everyone in every office will have a tattoo. Every mom you see will have a lower back "stamp". Its started already. As teens from the 80's and 90's grow older your seeing a little bit. But it seems like everyone is getting tats these days. When you first meet someone its like the 3rd thing they ask.
Personally even though I don't have anything against people who have them the idea of a tattoo has always seemed a little off to me. Your expressing your individualism using someone else idea and talent. That just seems a little off. Now put on top of that the fact that its incredibly NOT individual to have one these days, and your .. expressing your conformity.. using pre-designed templates for the most part.. still using someone else talent and creativity. Now it seems even more off.
I love art and I totally get why someone would want to express themselves on their body. I get it. But I also think its kind of sad that its so completely commonplace now. I think it takes a lot of the "cool" factor out of it. I might have a bit of a weird perspective though because I don't know if I could ever get one if there was one flaw in the art I would end up scratching it off.





 Or maybe I'm just mad I can't get stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment